Job title: Senior Participation Officer
Salary: Band D £38,477 FTE
Hours: 21-35 hours per week. We’re open to flexible working arrangements.
Location: London – near Angel/hybrid
Contract type: 6-month contract. We’re happy to consider secondments.
Closing date: Thursday 17 November, 12 Noon
Interview date: Monday 21 November
Shortlisting date: Friday 18 November
Young Women’s Trust’s (YWT) purpose is to end the financial penalty faced by young women aged 18-30, leaving them with 1/5th less income per year than young men. The strategy we’re developing for 2023-28 will focus on two key goals:
- Visibility and voice – increasing awareness of the financial penalty and mobilising young women to address it
- A more equal world of work – influencing government and employers, as well as providing direct support to young women
The purpose of this post is to play a key role in mobilising young women to address the financial penalty they face, through supporting them to co-design our work, campaign, conduct peer research, blog and speak to the media. This post holder will work in the participation team and ensure that young women shape YWT’s ongoing strategy and day-to-day operations including through membership of our Advisory Panel and Board and our closed Facebook Group for young women; the ‘YWT Lounge’.
The main skills and experience we’re looking for include:
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to create a safe space and use a range of methods to involve people in co-design and decision making.
- Ability to successfully engage with minoritised groups and vulnerable people and support their involvement in co-design and decision making whilst considering their needs.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to take own initiative.
- Understanding of safeguarding, data protection and confidentiality in relation to participation work.
- Excellent team working skills and ability to work collaboratively across an organisation.
- Excellent and sensitive communicator (face-to-face, written, presentation, via text and social media etc.) with an ability to translate complex information into accessible language and communicate with a wide range of audiences.
We’re open to someone starting immediately.
About Young Women’s Trust
At Young Women’s Trust we value and celebrate diversity, and welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. We particularly encourage applications from communities under-represented in our sector including individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, people with disabilities, and those from low socio-economic backgrounds.
You’ll be joining a team that will embrace your ideas and support and encourage you to bring your whole self to work.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) explaining how you meet the skills and experience in the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete our anonymous online equal opportunities monitoring form: here
Deadline to apply: 12 Noon on Thursday 17 November.
Optional: If you would like to talk about the role before applying, please email email@example.com to organise a discussion.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for non-British applicants.