Young Women’s Trust is a feminist organisation working to achieve economic justice for young women.
There are 1 million young women in England and Wales struggling to live on low or no pay. We want them to thrive and see a fairer working future.
Our vision is one where young women have the freedom to choose work that fosters their talents and are paid fair wages in secure workplaces. When young women’s contributions are valued, all of society prospers.
Our mission is to give economic power to young women. We want to fire their imaginations, aspirations and raise their voices. By challenging sexist work roles that trap young women in poverty, we can rebuild workplaces free from discrimination and inequality.
Giving power to young women so that they are at the heart of our work: leading, designing and participating.
Designing for the furthest first, so we reach and represent the young women who need us most.
Understanding and advocating to end the many forms of discrimination that young women face.
Ensuring that our staff and governance structures are diverse, so that we reflect the communities we serve.
Valuing and supporting our team in their development and enjoyment of their work.
Unlocking young women’s potential
- Work it Out coaching for building skills and strong mental health
- CV feedback service
- Activist training and campaigning
- Championing new leaders via our Young women’s advisory panel
- Policy work
Smashing career stereotypes
- Highlighting intersectional barriers to work
- Promoting equal apprenticeships and paid internships with government and business
- Providing fair recruitment advice for companies
- Campaigning to end job segregation and stereotyping
Valuing women’s unpaid work
- Doing innovative research to scrutinise and illuminate young women’s experiences
- Campaigns and policy advice on shared care and flexible working to lower barriers
- Campaigning for government investment in social infrastructure
Building equal workplaces
- Information and advice on workplace rights
- Research to monitor progress
- Campaigns to end sexual harassment and pregnancy, maternity and pay discrimination