Young Women's Trust supports and represents women aged 16-30 struggling to live on low or no pay in England and Wales and who are at risk of being trapped in poverty.
We work in three ways:
- Give you a voice – through PARTICIPATION and ADVOCACY we ensure that you can create change.
- Campaign for change– we run CAMPAIGNS that will make a positive impact in the lives of young women today.
- Support you - Work It Out is a FREE TELEPHONE AND ONLINE COACHING SERVICE and JOB APPLICATION SUPPORT SERVICE for young women aged 16-30
Young Women's Trust offers free coaching and personalised advice on job applications, conducts research, runs campaigns and works with young women to build confidence and advocate for fair financial futures.
We have a proud history, having been originally founded over 150 years ago as YWCA England & Wales. We relaunched as Young Women's Trust with a new vision and direction, shaped by the young women we work with.
Our vision is of a society which respects and listens to young women, actively encourages their self-confidence and where they have the opportunity to be financially independent and participate fully.
Our aims are to:
- Demonstrate the reality of young women’s lives
- Show what works to make a difference
- Develop and test new ways of supporting young women
- Find and promote good practice and good policy
- Gather the views and voices of young women and support you in being heard where it matters
We will achieve this by:
- Delivering evidence based campaigns to influence policy, practice and public attitudes
- Developing and testing new ways of providing information, advice and support to young women
Our values are straightforward and simple. We are:
Young Women’s Trust is the operating name of YWCA England & Wales.
Charity number 217868. Company number 137117. Registered office 7-8 Newbury Street, London EC1A 7HU