Young women face discrimination at work every day on the basis of their age, gender, appearance and caring responsibilities.
Our report Picking Up the Pieces, found that
- Over a third of young women would not report sexual harassment for fear of being fired
- 2 in 5 young women said they have experienced sexism in the workplace
- 21% of young women said they have been paid less than a male colleague in their workplace to do the same or similar work
- 41% of Black young women said they had been discriminated against when in, or looking for, work because of their ethnicity, as did 28% of Asian young women and 22% of Mixed Ethnicity young women
- 41% of young women with a disability or long-term condition said that they had been discriminated against because of this when working or looking for work