Young Women's Trust Awards
On 26th February 2019 we hosted our second Young Women’s Trust Awards. At the Awards we recognised all the amazing young women we meet through our work and all the young women we are still to meet in the UK who overcome challenges every day to find and stay in work.
We also raised funds at the event to support young women to build their confidence, broaden their expectations and find work. We raised a total of £30,813 on the night, which will help 357 young women to work and thrive in 2019.
1. The Apprentice Award, sponsored by Wates Group: for the young woman who has achieved a lot, either personally or professionally, in her apprenticeship.
2. The Trailblazer Award, sponsored by Venn Group: for the young woman who has achieved a lot, either personally or professionally in a male-dominated industry such as Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Construction or Plumbing.
3. The Everyday SHEro Award*, sponsored by Salesforce: for the young woman who inspires others every day through her strength and resilience.
4. The Influencer Award*, sponsored by BEBOLD: for the young woman who speaks out for other young women based on her own lived experiences.
5. The Inspiration Award, sponsored by Standard Life Aberdeen: for the young woman who has not only overcome obstacles in her life but also shows true dedication to helping and inspiring others.
Young Women's Trust offers free coaching and personalised advice on job applications through its ‘Work It Out’ service. You can learn more about the service at: www.youngwomenstrust.org/workitoutservice.