Employment Support Fund
Get the things you need to find the work you want.
Last year, the Young Women's Trust helped 200 women who were facing challenges with work get important items like laptops, smart clothes and training through our Employment Support Fund.
Applications are open now until 1pm on Monday 14 October.
About the Employment Support Fund
The Employment Support Fund allows you to apply for items that will help you find work, or improve your work situation.
- Technology like a laptop, a printer or some software
- Training like a course or a workshop
- Clothes vouchers for clothes for interviews or work
- Tools like scissors if you are a hairdresser
- Driving lessons
- Transport for getting to interviews
- Other items that will make a difference to your work situation
We don't give you the cash. You choose the item and fill in our application form. We read all the applications and decide which young women we are able to support. Then we buy the items for those who are successful.
Read more in our FAQs
Who can apply for the Employment Support Fund?
To apply, you must be able to answer yes to all of these questions
- Are you a woman?
- Are you aged between 18 and 30?
- Do you live in England or Wales?
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
- Are you out of work, working less than 16 hours a week, or working on average less than 16 hours a week on a zero hours contract?
- Are you claiming a work related benefit, like Universal credit or income support?
- Does the item you need cost £500 or less?
- Do you have a clear plan of how the item you would like will help you with work?
We particularly welcome applications from women with a disability, who are currently out of work, have caring responsibilities, are care leavers or or have few or no formal qualifications.
1) Check you fit the criteria
2) Decide what item would help you and why
We’ll need a website link to the exact item you would like. It must be £500 or less.
3) Complete the application form on your phone or computer
It takes about 45 minutes to complete the application form so make sure you have time set aside. You’ll need to explain on the form how the item you are applying for will help you and what you have been doing recently to look for work.
4) Our team will assess your application and we’ll be in touch
We'll email you by Monday 11 November. Not every application will be successful, but we will let you know either way.
We're happy to help
Get in touch with Jackie
Phone 0800 160 1029. This number is free from all major mobile networks.
Whatsapp or text 07971 759 755
We answer our calls and messages Monday to Friday. If you get in touch at the weekend we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Got questions? Check out our FAQs.