YWT's Policy Recommendations
More than one million young women face a lifetime of financial, social and emotional disadvantage because they don’t have a job or are in low paid, insecure work.
That is why Young Women’s Trust is calling on the Government to introduce policies that work for young women, especially those struggling to live on low or no pay.
We want the government to...
- Invest in jobs and skills for young women
- Ensure employment support for young women is flexible, personalised and responsive to their needs
- End age discrimination against young people
- Make work an affordable option for people with caring responsibilities
- Mainstream gender across Government