Young Women’s Panel
The Young Women’s Trust Advisory Panel (YWTAP) is made up of 30 young women, aged 16–30, from across England and Wales
Panel members meet twice a year at weekend residentials to shape the charity’s work, influence key policy-makers and help us to understand what it’s like to be a young woman in today’s society.
- Meeting other young women with similar experiences
- Training in public speaking, the media, negotiation/influencing skills and campaigning
- Improving confidence and self-esteem
- On occasion, receiving thank you vouchers to spend at high street stores for getting involved
- Receiving a reference from the charity
- Receiving a thank you letter from our Chief Executive and a certificate of involvement
“I love being on the Advisory Panel because not only do you gain a lot of amazing friends who understand what you’re going through, you also have the chance to speak up about issues that mean something to you and actually be heard. You can help to improve the lives of other young women, and you get to do this just by being you!” - Abby.
Here are some FAQs for more info or check out the video below.
Sign up to the YWTAP
We are currently looking for young women from outside of the London area to join the YWTAP.
If that's you and you'd like to join or learn more, then please complete the form below and someone will be in touch.
In order to join you must have current or very recent experience of the following:
- Few or no formal qualifications
- NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) aged 16-24
- Long-term unemployment (aged 25-30)
- In and out of low-paid employment